Employee Training Center
In order to provide the operations custodial staff with up-to-date standardized training, a new training center has been created on the Evansdale Campus. New employees will be trained in this facility during their initial New Employee Orientation (NEO) so they can be successful in their new jobs and start work with professional training. This will help them to be more efficient and effective as well as to understand safety procedures, Material Safety Data Sheets and other important safety guidelines. Veteran employees will also be trained or re-trained in this facility as needed.
- The facility will feature a classroom where the employees will be given instruction on cleaning methods, procedures, cleaning frequencies and equipment so everyone will be trained in the safe and professional way.
- The center will also feature hands on training, where employees can be shown the proper way to do clean restrooms, carpet, showers, hard surface floors, etc. There will also be hands-on-training on custodial equipment such as carpet extractors, floor scrubbers, chariot vacuums and all other equipment used by the custodial staff at WVU.
- Displays have been set up to illustrate how various paper towel, toilet paper, and soap dispensers and other equipment work and how they are maintained and serviced.
- Another display area will feature various micro-fiber products, window washers, cleaning chemicals and other items used by the custodial staff on a daily basis.
- The main theme of this new facility will be Green Cleaning for Health and Sustainability. Murals, posters, and awards will be placed in the entryway to highlight this theme and to explain its importance to West Virginia University and to the United States.