Common Area Guidelines
Health Sciences is committed to providing an attractive environment for
patients, visitors, students, employees and other guests. Furnishings, artwork,
posted notices and displays of an educational, promotional or informational
nature shall be carefully managed to assure that public areas are appropriate
from an aesthetic and functional standpoint. The Health Sciences Planning Committee is responsible for the
management of these spaces.
Health Sciences Planning Committee, shall coordinate and approve all furnishings (furniture, carpet, paint, window treatments, signage etc.) intended for public areas. Coordination shall focus on assuring that furnishings meet internal and industry guidelines, state building codes and accreditation requirements for the maintenance, quality, infection control, and suitability of the area.
2. Art Work, Graphics, and other Wall Mounted Materials
1. Approval for displaying artwork, graphics, posters, photographs and other like items in public areas shall be obtained from the HSC Planning Committee, including project related posters/student coursework.
2. All items that are displayed on Health Sciences walls in either public or private space shall be mounted by Health Sciences Facilities staff.
3. Posting of Advertisements and Notices
1. The posting of notices, flyers, etc., in public areas is restricted to bulletin boards designated for this purpose. Bulletin boards shall not be used for commercial advertisements, or for postings that are obscene or defamatory. If bulletin board is full, do not tape to the wall surface beside it.
2. Any unauthorized posted materials shall be removed from public areas without notification. Postings inconsistent with this policy shall be removed.
3. Bulletin boards within a work area or lounge are the responsibility of that department's supervisor or designee.
4. Bulletin boards in halls or public areas shall bear a sign indicating the responsible office.
4. Posting of Information for Sponsored Events
1. Information to help guide students, patients or guests to the location of a scheduled event/meeting sponsored by Health Sciences schools or offices shall be posted on the electronic Infostations, managed by University Relations.
The use of tape, thumbtacks or other such means used to attach items to walls, doors, windows, elevators, etc., is prohibited.
2. Temporary poster or directional signage may be used only on the day(s) of an event. Posters must be put on a poster stand and removed promptly when event/meeting is completed. Paper signs are prohibited.
3. Once your event is over, please retrieve notices you have posted to free up space for current items and help us keep these areas professional looking and orderly.