Event Request (Setups, etc)
Scheduling for use of available classroom or conference room space is through ETRU.Food set-up or sale items are not permitted at or near Commons Area of the Learning Center unless authorized through Health Sciences Administration.Conference Room set-ups are to utilize furniture located within the conference room. We are not permitted to remove furniture from the location. Scheduling for Leaning Center Commons, Fukushima Lobby, Health Science Center Commons, and Health Science Center Cafeteria Commons is done so through Facilities Management at 293-6924. Once scheduled with Facilities Management a work order must be submitted for set up.
Office furniture is to be ordered assembled. Maintenance crews are not available to assemble furniture.Personal items such as pictures, keepsakes, electronic equipment, etc. brought into the facility are not covered by University insurances and are considered “at risk” items.Modular furniture relocation or movement is through contracted services only.All other furniture that is to be moved must be emptied.
All contractor work must be coordinated through Facilities Management. All maintenance to Health Sciences Facilities must be coordinated by Health Sciences Facilities Management Departmental purchase of large equipment requiring utility hook-up connections must be approved and reviewed by Facilities Management prior to purchase. Signs or room identification are to use Health Sciences standards. Any deviation must be previewed and approved through Facilities Management.Phone installations are to be coordinated through HSC IT by the departmental telephone support contact person.
Any project that may require changes or additions in the network cabling may be previewed and expedited by contacting the HSC network cable manager at email@example.com
Safety and Security
- Campus Police are responsible locking and unlocking doors after hours. Individuals seeking access to HSC areas must have identification and contact Campus Police directly.
- Keys are not to be loaned to other personnel or duplicated outside of our facility.
- Animals within the Health Sciences Facilities are not permitted unless they are service or research animals. Pets are prohibited from the facility.
- Freezers and refrigerators are to be repaired in place. To be removed they must first be decontaminated and tagged by our Safety Department.
- Freezers and refrigerators will not be stored. When removed they will be decontaminated and then the necessary gasses will be processed and the item will be recycled.
- Modification of existing departmental equipment or accessories will need reviewed prior by the Safety Department at Facilities Management.
- Do not mount items to Health Sciences doors. Drilling or penetrating doors is prohibited.
HSC Facilities Management does not do:
- Pack or unpack boxes.
- Supply moving supplies such as boxes, tape, etc.
- Supply cleaning supplies to departments.
- Loan tools or equipment for personal use.
- Store departmental equipment.
- Fabricate items that can be purchased such as shelving, furniture, metal pieces, etc.
- Fabricate extension cords or provide power strips, etc.
- Provide personal heaters, fans, etc.